Not really a whole lot of positives for West Virginia to take from its 72-66 loss to Pittsburgh on Big Monday.
- Monday was WVU’s fourth-straight loss to Pittsburgh. Huggins is now just 3-7 in the Backyard Brawl.
- Here’s a positive! Kevin Jones did what has just become something normal for him, finishing with 21 points and 13 rebounds. He now has ten 20-10 games this season and that matches the total that WVU had in the first four years of Bob Huggins’ tenure at the school.
- KJ had his 8th 20-point game in a row and pulled double-digit rebounds for the 15th time this year. It was his 15th double-double of the year (27th in his career).
- All seven of Truck Bryant’s shots Monday came from beyond the arc. It’s the first time since Nov. 21, 2010 against Minnesota that Bryant never took a shot inside the 3-point line. There is a difference this time though: In that Minnesota game, he only played 10 minutes and Truck played 39 minutes Monday.
- Bryant had a career-high seven assists against the Panthers.
- The Mountaineers were 20-24 from the free throw line Monday night. That ties their best FT percentage of the year (they also shot 83.3 percent vs. Miami (Fla.)).
- Just because I love to talk about how much of a difference he has made for Pittsburgh: With yesterday’s win, Pittsburgh is 9-3 with Tray Woodall in the lineup this season and 5-6 without him. He had 24 last night.